Rob’s Festival is an annual Beaumont community sports and music event that has been running since 2010. It is a tribute to a former student, Rob Williams, who died in a snowboarding accident.
It was started by some of his friends and has grown into a successful whole school event which has raised, to date, over £50,000 for the Prince’s Trust and the school. The unique aspect of this event is that it is now organised almost entirely by our Year 12 students along with the Beaumont School Association (BSA). Its main aim is to raise as much money as possible for the school and the Prince’s Trust, while bringing the Beaumont community together to enjoy music and sport which were two of Rob’s passions.
A key feature of the festival is performances by local bands, including many home-grown acts from the school. Its a family-friendly event which also features football tournaments, a bouncy castle, stalls, games, face-painting and House stalls and a raffle. There will be a wide range refreshments on offer, including a barbecue and fully licensed bar.
How can you help with the next Festival?
- Save the Date – Saturday 20 June 2020 [ provisional date]
- Donate Raffle/Tombola Prizes – could your company offer a “must-have” prize?
- Sponsor part of the Event – the stage/sound system and sound engineer requires over £2000 alone in up-front costs
- Could you provide sausages for the BBQ, consumables, etc?
- Could your company provide any soft drinks/beer, etc for the event?
- Can you offer a large marquee e.g. Scout/Guide marquee or gazebos?
- Do you know of a celebrity we could invite to the event?
- Please could you set aside an hour or so to help on one of the many stalls on the day?
We will post further details on this web-page over coming weeks …